Payment of Rates
All rates and charges issued will be due and payable within 35 days of the issue of a notice to pay.
Please view below tabs for different payment options available to you.
Direct Debit Payments
This facility is available for making rates and water payments through our Online Service Centre.
Register and complete the online Direct Debit Request Form for a more convenient and easier way to pay!
Register for BPAY View® and receive, pay and store your rate notices in your online banking.
- Log into your online banking account.
- Look for the BPAY View® or View Bills section.
- Register to receive your Livingstone Shire Council Rates Notice!
You can pay online using your credit card through our Online Service Centre. MasterCard and Visa are accepted.
Please note a merchant fee of 0.75 per cent for Visa and MasterCard will apply.
Pay online from your cheque or savings account using BPAY.
Simply log on to your internet banking service, select the bill payment option and follow the instructions on your Rates Notice.
Discount (s 130 Local Government Regulation 2012)
Discount at the rate of ten (10) percent will be allowed on gross Council rates and charges, excluding any charge specifically excluded from discount entitlement, provided payment of the full amount outstanding, including any overdue rates and interest to the date of payment, less any discount entitlement, is paid by the due date on original notice of the levy.
Charges excluded from discount entitlement include:
- Rural Fire Levy
- Emergency Services Levy
- North West Emu Park Sewerage Benefited Area Special Charge
- Causeway Township Sewerage Benefited Area Special Charge
- Mulambin Sewerage Benefited Area Special Charge
- Muskers Beach Revetment Wall – Special Charge
- Water Consumption Charges
- Natural Environment Separate Charge
- Road Network Separate Charge
- Disaster Response Separate Charge
If you are experiencing financial difficulties and cannot pay this notice by the due date, please contact our Customer Service Centre to avoid recovery action and associated costs.
You can also visit the MoneySmart website for more information or access Financial Councillors, or the Australian Government Services Australia website which has a variety of financial information, services and tools available.
You can now register to receive your rates and water notices by email.
If you would like to receive your notices electronically, please click here to register for eNotices.
To de-register from this service or change your email address you can use the same link and select “Cancel email delivery”.
To register or de-register you will need a recent rates notice to enter some security information for verification purposes and the original email address it was registered to.
Checking your current outstanding rates or water balance is easy.
All you need to do is follow the steps below:
- Open our online system and register. To register, please use this link Livingstone Shire Council Rates Account Registration System.
- Enter your reference number. Your reference number can be found on your rates notice as illustrated below.
- Your rates balance will now be displayed.
You can then proceed to making making a payment if you wish.
How to find your reference number
Your reference number can be found on the top right of the rate notice: