Yeppoon Lagoon and Kraken
The Yeppoon Lagoon is the jewel in the crown of the Yeppoon foreshore precinct. The 2500 square-metre resort style lagoon pool is located right on the beach front and includes a shallow children’s play area, an informal lap swimming area and a swim-up infinity edge with stunning views over the Keppel Islands.
The surrounding parklands include barbecues and shades areas great for picnics or a relaxing way to while away an afternoon with stunning views under the tropical foliage.
Entry to the Lagoon is free and is patrolled Monday to Sunday including Public Holidays.
Two aquatic wheelchairs are available for use for children and adults at the Lagoon upon request, simply ask one of the friendly lifeguards on duty or inquire at the duty manager's office.
Summer Hours: (September - April)
6:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Winter Hours: (May - August)
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Please supervise children in your care at all times
- Children under 13 years must be actively supervised at all times by a person 18 years or older
- Children under 5 years and non-swimmers must remain within arm's reach of a responsible person
- Appropriate attire must be worn while in the pool
- Swimming nappies must be worn by young children
- No inflatables are to be used in the pool. Exception being toddlers with flotation devices
- No tent pegs are to be used at this site
- No running, No diving, No bombing, No pushing, No smoking, No glassware, No alcohol, No dogs.
The Keppel Kraken
Taking pride of place on the Yeppoon Foreshore, the Keppel Kraken is a water play feature quite unlike any other. With a mythical sea creature centrepiece and set against the spectacular backdrop of Keppel Bay, it's the perfect place to soak up some sunshine on the beautiful Capricorn Coast.
Featuring a host of interactive elements including water cannons, jets and a unique umbrella bucket – the only one of its kind in Queensland – the Keppel Kraken is guaranteed fun for the whole family.
The Keppel Kraken is located right in the heart of Yeppoon and just minutes from luxury beach front accommodation, gourmet dining and a thriving retail precinct, so why not come and experience all the Capricorn Coast has to offer.
9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
The Yeppoon Foreshore and Lagoon area are popular attractions on the Capricorn Coast. Use the map below to locate parking options. Please do not park on the grass verge. If parking is full, remember there is a drop off zone opposite the Lagoon and it's only a short walk back from the Yeppoon Town Centre Car Park for all day FREE parking.