What is a Residential Rebate for Water Saving Products?
Owners and occupiers who have purchased and installed eligible water saving products at a residential premises in the declared water service area can apply to receive rebates under Council’s Residential Rebate for Water Saving Products Procedure. The following are eligible water saving products (subject to conditions outlined in Council's Residential Rebate for Water Saving Products Procedure):
- Rainwater tank (stand-alone) - $250
- Rainwater tank (integrated) - $500
- Retrofit Showerhead (WELS 3 stars or higher) - $25
- Washing Machine (WELS 5 stars or higher) - $100
- Retrofit Dual flush toilet - $50
Rebates are subject to conditions outlined in Council's Residential Rebate for Water Saving Products Procedure.
A stand-alone tank is a tank for outside use only.
An integrated tank has mandatory garden use and must incorporate mains supply top-up with connection to any two items (e.g. toilet, hot water system or washing machine).
The rainwater tank rebate is conditional upon tanks meeting the following requirements:
- Minimum tank size 5,000L
- Installation must include screening to exclude leaves, insects and other debris
- A minimum of 20L of the first flush of roof catchment rainwater must be diverted/discarded before entering the rainwater tank
- The provisions of the Residential Rebate for Water Saving Products Procedure and the Public Health Regulation 2018 must be complied with
- Installation must meet any relevant building codes or plumbing and drainage code requirements and have the necessary Council permit where required
- The tank must be used for the collection and storage of rainwater
- The tank must be of a colour, shape, size and position that is congruous with the neighbourhood amenity
An inspection of the installed tank may be conducted by Council prior to payment of the rebate.
The showerhead must:
- replace a non-water efficient showerhead; and
- be rated 3 stars or higher under the WELS Scheme.
The washing machine must be rated 5 stars or higher under the WELS Scheme
The toilet must:
- be a 6/3 litre or 4.5/3 litre system;
- replace an existing single flush toilet system;
- be installed by a licenced plumbing and drainage contractor;
- meet any relevant plumbing and drainage codes; and
- have the necessary Council permit where required.
Application for Residential Rebate for Water Saving Products
When to apply
Applications must be submitted within three months of purchase as indicated from the date on the receipt.
How to apply
The application must be made via Council's Online Services or on the Application for Residential Rebate for Water Saving Products form and be accompanied by:
- product specifications;
- evidence demonstrating the eligible water saving product was installed in a residential premises in the declared water service area; and
- photocopy of receipt with the applicant identified as the purchaser
Water Conservation Levels (no current restrictions)