Grants and Funding
Livingstone Community Grants
The Livingstone Community Grants provide funding to community groups and sporting clubs to deliver innovative projects and programmes that respond to local community needs.
The current round provides up to $2000.00 for not-for-profit community groups and sporting clubs.
Applicants must meet the eligibility criteria and be operating out of the Livingstone Shire Council's Local Government Area providing programmes or activities that benefit residents, and improve overall community well-being.
Round One 2020/21 of the Community Grants opens: 3 August 2020 and close 28 August 2020.
The Community Grants are proudly sponsored by Livingstone Shire Council and Inverness Yeppoon.
Please read the Guidelines and Criteria before applying.
Livingstone Community Grants are administered through the SmartyGrants.
If you haven’t used SmartyGrants before, the first step will be to register yourself with a username and password.
You can also view/download the SmartyGrants application guide.
Mount Chalmers Community History Centre Inc.
Purchase of seating and shade cover.
Emu Park Historical Museum Society Inc.
Purchase of computing equipment.
Cawarral Cricket Club Inc.
Extension and update of cricket pitch.
Jack’s Paddock Inc.
Installation of path and children’s play space.
Keppel Coast Girl Guides
Provision of lifesaving training, first aid training. Purchase of slacklining equipment and printer cover.
Capricorn Coast Parkana Cricket Club Inc.
Reparation of cricket training pitches.
Coowonga State School P & C
Purchase of BBQ and mobile food-safe workbench.
Yeppoon Gymnastics & Movement Centre Inc.
Purchase of high bar for men’s artistic gymnastics.
Yeppoon Men's Shed
Purchase of television, wall bracket, computer, printer and DVD player.
Capricorn Coast Mallet Sports Club Inc.
Purchase and installation of drinking water fountain.
Yeppoon Surf Life Saving Club
Purchase of double surf ski.
Sacred Heart Primary School P&F Committee
Purchase of kiln.
Playgroup Queensland - Keppel Kids Playgroup
Purchase of equipment and toys.
Cockscomb Veterans' Bush Retreat Inc.
Purchase and installation of concrete footings to support donga accommodation.
Yeppoon Sharks Swimming Club
Purchase of freezer, BBQ, tables, chairs and trolley.
Emu Park Art Gallery
Purchase of three pottery wheels.
Cawarral Primary P&C Association
Purchase of table and chairs setting.
Kooyalee girl guides campsite
Purchase of junior and adult life jackets.
Round Two of the 2019/20 grants was combined with the remaining funds from the Mayor's Discretionary Fund and distributed to Livingstone Shire Rural Fire Services in response to the Cobraball-Bungundarra Fire in December 2019.
Regional Arts Development Fund (RADF)
The Regional Arts Development Fund is a Queensland Government program through an Arts Queensland and Livingstone Shire Council partnership to support local arts and culture. It promotes the significance and value of arts, culture and heritage as the key to supporting diversity and inclusivity, growing stronger regions and provide training, education and employment opportunities for Queensland artists and local communities.
Financial assistance is offered to individuals and organisations for:
- Individual Professional Development (open all year)
- Skills Development Workshops
- Creative Development of New Work
- Cultural Tourism - Projects which focus on Identity & Heritage
- Exhibitions & Collections/Stories
- Regional Partnerships - For Collaborative Innovative Arts Projects
- Concept Development – Research and Development Stage
- Arts Events & Performances
This is a list of the RADF Assessment Panel Members.
- Please read the RADF Guidelines before applying.
- Here is a Sample Application Form. This is for reference purposes only - Applications will only be accepted if submitted online through SmartyGrants.
- Artist Eligibility and Participation Form.This additional form must be completed and submitted in your application - you will need to complete one for each employed artist in your RADF project.
- RADF Budget Fact Sheet
- RADF Budget Spreadsheet This budget must also be completed and submitted in your application.
- RADF Budget Spreadsheet for Category 1. This budget must also be completed and submitted in your category 1 application.
- Acquittal Budget. This budget must be completed and submitted in your acquittal.
Please note; you must acknowledge Arts Queensland's funding in all publicity relating to funded activities/operations through:
- Use of the Queensland Government logo below, and
- Use of the following acknowledgement statement: "The Regional Arts Development Fund is a Queensland Government program through Arts Queensland and Livingstone Shire Council partnership to support local arts and culture."
Purpose of Grant
Capricorn Film Festival (out of round)
A series of sessions and workshops using artists, filmmakers, actors and film industry personnel who are considered experts in their fields
Julie Barratt (IPD)
To attend an artist residency at the Arteles Creative Centre in Finland in March 2020 for professional and artistic development
To run the Sandy Krak Music, Arts and Conservations Festival
Yeppoon Little Theatre Group Inc
To host a six day intensive workshop for teenagers in the region
Keppel Coast Blues & Music Club
To run a series of workshops to improve access and skill levels of both experiences and novice musicians
Keppel Coast Arts
To establish a community based committee to assist with the management of the new art gallery spaces in Livingstone Shire
Purpose of Grant
Capricorn Village Festival Ltd
Towards costs of researching, preparing and staging an innovative, immersive installation for the 2020 Village Festival
Jack's Paddock Inc
Towards costs of conducting workshops to teach participants creative mosaics
Devine Drama and Dance
Towards performing the play 'Ruby Moon' on 12 September 2020 at Yeppoon Town Hall
Capricorn Film Festival
Towards conducting an Acting Screen Workshop
Lock and Hock Products
Towards costs of Lock & Hock Productions original cabaret show being performed at Queensland Cabaret Festival in June 2020.
Purpose of Grant
Ms Vilma Laucyte
Towards costs of recording her second music album.
Keppel Coast Arts
Towards costs of presenting a series of workshops in the New Gallery (old Post Office Building)
Mayor's Discretionary Fund
The Mayor's Discretionary Fund provides grants for individual community organisations.
- The Mayor's Discretionary Fund is an annual amount provided in each budget to enable the Mayor to respond to emergent requests for financial assistance from community organisations. The annual amount for 2017-2018 is $10,000.
- Grants are available for individual community organisations to apply for, once only per financial year, to enable the grant monies to be spread between eligible community organisations.
- Funds for the Mayor's Discretionary Fund are limited, each application is assessed on merit and not all eligible applications can be funded.
- Grants to community organisations must be in accordance with Council's Community Assistance Programme Policy.
- The Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for ensuring compliance in accordance with Division 3 Discretionary funds in the Local Government Regulation 2012.
- Successful applications and amount funded are listed in Council's Annual Report each year, Council's website and displayed in Council's Customer Service Centre.
- The application will be prepared by the applicant using the requisite Mayor's Discretionary Fund Application Form. (This form is a fillable PDF, however you will need to print it in order to sign the form before lodging your application.)
- Applications will be assessed to determine eligibility and completeness.
- Applications that meet the eligibility requirements will be submitted to the Mayor for approval or rejection. The Executive Support Officer will then inform applicants of the Mayor's decision.
- Council will complete funding arrangements for successful applications within 30 working days from approval date.
Applications must be submitted in writing on the Application Form, addressed to Mayor's Discretionary Fund, Livingstone Shire Council, PO Box 2292, Yeppoon QLD 4703 or by email.