From ocean views, serene gardens or spacious parkland the Livingstone Shire has a number of eye-catching areas that are sure to make your ceremony or event a day to remember.
All beaches, parks and gardens within Livingstone Shire are available for hire. Please note, any ceremony occurring on a beach must be conducted outside the flagged area.
A tentative booking can be placed on any wedding location. We recommend you check the availability of your chosen location by using the links on the right hand side of this page.
A booking fee payable 14 days prior to the ceremony is a condition of approval. The application is unable to be finalised until payment is received by Council. Fees are based on the current Fees and Charges. A Council Officer will contact you for payment before issuing approval.
The following locations are the most popular and frequently used sites within Livingstone Shire. Please keep in mind the site you have chosen may not look exactly the same for the ceremony as at the time of booking, this being due to seasonal changes:
Beautiful Parks to Host your Special Event
- Anderson Park
- Appleton Park
- Beaman Park
- Bell Park
- Daniel Park
- Kele Park - The Singing Ship
- Lioness Park
- Rotary Park
Spectacular Beaches to share your Celebration
- Cooee Bay Beach
- Emu Park Main Beach
- Farnborough Beach
- Kemp Beach
- Lammermoor Beach
- Yeppoon Main Beach
A Lovely Chapel for your Memorable Moment
- St Christopher's Chapel
Livingstone Shire Council has an abundance of parks and beaches that can be utilised for any functions, carnivals and circuses. All events must have an application submitted to Council no later than three months prior to the event.
The following criteria will determine if your event is deemed a Temporary Event and will need to follow the approval process.
Criteria for a Temporary Event
- The event is open to the public;
- Exclusive use of the area is required (for private events this means that they only want a particular area and not want to turn up on the day and take a chance of availability);
- It will be advertised (this includes open invitation emails to an unknown number of recipients);
- There will be activities that may cause a risk i.e fire twirling, juggling etc
- Large numbers of people will be in attendance (more than 50), or
- A social event for a large club (i.e. a booking for a sporting club/social club and expected attendance is over 100 people).
What do I need to do?
If you are vending on the road, footpath or at a temporary entertainment venue eg Yeppoon Foreshore, you will need to click on the "check availability and Make a booking" link above.
If a road closure is required for an event such as a public celebration or street parade, please see below:
- If the event is on a State Controlled Road, please contact Queensland Police Service to temporarily close the road (application to be completed and submitted for approval from QPS).
- If you wish to hold the event on the footpath or you wish to make use of a road, you will need to submit an Application to Undertake Alterations or Improvements to Council Controlled Areas and Roads
- to firstname.lastname@example.org or to get further information or speak with someone regarding a new application or submitted application, contact our Customer Service team (details below).
- If you are selling food at the event you also need to complete and submit Environment & Public Health's Application for Food Business Licence.
For more information click on related links or call our Customer Service Centre on 4913 5000 or 1300 790 919.