Who are we and what do we offer?
We kind of offer a lot!! Council's Youth Services staff are always investigating opportunities that will provide benefits for young residents in the Shire!
We care! Council's Youth Support staff are always seeking:
- feedback from young residents to help guide us in our work, ensuring what we plan is what they need and want;
- professional development opportunities to ensure our support to young people is valuable and client centered (all about them!);
- opportunities to partner with local services, groups and individuals to bring events, activities, services, education and resources to Livingstone Shire's younger residents; and
- ways to embrace the Shire's assets and build on what exists (did someone say fishing education program for teens? Because we have the perfect natural environment to fish!).
Click on the images below to view the tiers of Council's Youth Services:
Council's Youth Services take time out to research our key audience to ensure our services stay useful.
There are many ways we get to know youth! Activities, youth groups and good old fashioned chats are helpful for us
to keep our finger on the pulse. Its the best way for us to learn current issues and trends or achievements and opportunities.
We also dig a little deeper looking at statistics, gathering information from other services and even surveying young
people. It all helps to develop a 'bigger picture'!
View our documents:
Livingstone Shire Council encourages feedback to continuously improve service delivery. If a complaint is made,
services to young people will not be removed and we will continue to work with clients in a respectful manner to
ensure young people continue to be supported in achieving their goals.
You can lodge your compliments, complaints or suggestions using any of the methods below:
- Phone Livingstone Shire Council Customer Service on 1300 790 919
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- In person – visit Council Customer Support Centres located at 25 Normanby St Yeppoon (Town Hall) and 7-9 Hill Street Emu Park (Library)
All feedback will be forwarded to the appropriate officer. Alternatively, you can request a call back if you would like to speak to youth services staff directly.