Get Ready Day
Get Ready Day is an annual FREE event held every year to celebrate and educate the whole community on everything Disaster!
Nobody can control the weather, but you can learn how to take the steps to protect what's most important to you!
- Meet Resilient Ricky and learn how to be prepared when a disaster strikes!
- Meet Andrea Baldwin, the author of the 'Birdie Books' who will be hosting a story telling session, puppet making art activity and 'Relaxing with Birdie' yoga sessions.
- Lucky Door Prizes on the Day - come along for your chance to win a generator, fuel card or emergency kit.
- Fun Activities and Free Rides!
- Meet your local emergency services personnel and volunteers!
- Flare Demonstration by the Australian Volunteer Coast Guard Association
- Satellite Fly Away Kit Demonstration by the National Broadband Network
- Interactive Activity showing Disaster Preparation by the Australian Red Cross
- A BBQ will be held on the day with all proceeds going to the Salvation Army
Plus much more!!
We ask that you please stay at home if you are feeling unwell or have a cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath.
Maintaining physical distancing requirements is the individual's responsibility.