FAQ module icon

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I get vegetation/grass in the rural road reserve slashed?
In the case of roadside shoulder slashing on bitumen roads the owner is requested to notify Council of their concerns by contacting our Customer Service Centre on 4913 5000 or 1300 790 919 or submit an enquiry via Council’s online services. The area will be inspected and if found to meet intervention level, placed on the slashing program for when the maintenance crew are next in the area.

In the case of gravel road shoulders, land owners are advised that Council does not slash roadsides but relies on the grading maintenance crew to remove grass growth when normal maintenance activities are carried out in the area. Slashing will be done on gravel roads in some circumstances where a safety hazard is perceived to exist and/or when the grading crew is not expected in the area for a considerable time.

In the case of clearing/slashing of the road reserve in front of a property for cosmetic purposes, the land owner is required to apply for approval to clear vegetation via a Road Reserve Works Permit Application. The application will be assessed and any plant species of interest may be ordered to be protected and/or re-established in an approved location.

Work on a road reserve is not permitted to be carried out by private persons without approval.
Online Services - Customer Enquiries

Rural Road Maintenance

Show All Answers

1. How can I get vegetation/grass in the rural road reserve slashed?
2. Can I burn off road reserve vegetation adjacent to my property?
3. How do I lodge a request for my road to be graded?
4. How does Council assess when my road needs to be graded?
5. How can I find out if my unsealed road will be upgraded to sealed?
6. How can I get something done about my dusty road?