If your business hasn't come shown up in results, you can fill out the form to register your business with Google Maps by going to their home page. And the best thing is, it's free! After you've added your business, look at the below instructions for some tips on tricks on your new business listing.
If your business has existed for some time in the area it should show up in results. This is good news for you! You can use the below instructions to update your current business listing.
HOW TO UPDATE YOUR BUSINESS LISTING ON GOOGLE MAPS
1. Pick your listing and click where it says 'Claim Your Business.' The required form will then load.
2. Complete the form with relevant, concise content about your business. This could include information such as your website address, business hours, a short description of the products/services you offer, business categories you would like to be listed under and up to 10 photos. You even have the ability to add a video. It is important to remember the more content you add, the higher you may be able to rank organically!
3. When you click the submit button, Google will ask if you want to verify your account by phone or by mail. If you click the 'Phone' option, you will receive a call in a matter of seconds. Be prepared with a pen and paper to record the 5 digit pin that will be given to you. You must then enter this pin in the box for that purpose on your screen.
4. After verifying your account you will now be active!
5. You will be able to view information such as charts indicating your listing's activity, clicks to your website and directions to your establishment. Also, you will be able to see how many impressions your listing receives (how many times it shows up on Google Maps)
6. Ensure that you are constantly updating your listing with new information, including photos, videos and coupons. Don't forget to update your website at least once a month to ensure your content is relevant, fresh and appealing to any customers.