Livingstone Shire’s Show Public Holiday will go ahead as planned on Friday 12th June, despite the 2020 show being cancelled.
Mayor Andy Ireland said Council will keep the original public holiday date, which was consistent with other Queensland councils.
“Even though there won’t be a show this year due to COVID-19 restrictions, we would still like the community to enjoy and celebrate the June 12 public holiday,” Mayor Ireland said.
“We’re encouraging residents to spend the day in our shire with family and friends and support our wonderful local businesses.
“People can enjoy our lovely parks, beaches and open spaces and wander through our shops.
“It’s a great opportunity to come together and support businesses during the challenges of the pandemic as well as taking some time out to improve mental health.”
Eat, shop, play, stay local ideas:
1. Order lunch from a local café or restaurant and head on a road trip to any of our beautiful national parks for a picnic in the fresh air
2. Pack a picnic and go on an adventure to explore a part of the shire you’ve never visited before
3. Get outside and get active on our shared pathways
4. Wander through the shire with a coffee in hand and pop into our many amazing boutiques and stores
5. Grab your family, friends and an ice cream and head to one of our beaches