The Livingstone Shire sits nestled along the beautiful Capricorn Coast and covers approximately 11,776 square kilometres, with a population of almost 36,000 residents. Livingstone Shire Council was created in 2013 and employs approximately 350 people.
Livingstone and the Capricorn Coast is a relaxed coastal environment in which connecting with family, friends and the community is a high priority. The area has an abundance of natural features including countless beaches with sheltered swimming, picturesque national parks, pristine rainforests and idyllic offshore islands, making it an ideal place to live. Our beaches, bushes and tropical rainforests are second to none and have been specifically preserved, designed and transformed to show the unique, untouched charm of Livingstone.
Livingstone Shire Council promotes a positive culture in the workplace with all staff demonstrating high standards of Accountability, Teamwork, Community, Potential and Positivity. These values and behaviours set the standard for Council and are embodied throughout the organisation.
This position supports Council’s direction by providing preventative and reactive maintenance and new construction of the Council's water and wastewater reticulation systems in a professional, efficient and confidential manner ensuring the development of good working relationships with all staff and the public.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
Key criteria for you to be successful in this role:
• Trade qualifications to operate as a Licensed Plumber and Drainer in Queensland (to obtain classification at Building Tradesperson Level 3, additional post trade qualifications/competency in accordance with the QLGIA (Stream C) is required);
• Construction Industry Induction (White Card);
• Possess and maintain a Backflow Prevention endorsement from the Master Plumbers Association of Queensland;
• Working at Heights Certificate;
• Possess a Confined Space Certification and maintain revalidation including Operate Breathing apparatus;
• Traffic Management Implementation (formerly Traffic Management Level 2); and
• Possess and maintain a current motor vehicle driver’s licence.
• QLGIA (Stream C) Building Tradesperson Level 1-3 – Salary up to Level 3 $65, 686 per annum includes allowances;
• 9-day fortnight;
• Generous superannuation.
Visit http://www.livingstone.qld.gov.au/ to obtain the job application kit.
Applications close Monday, 18 May 2020 at midnight.