If you run a local business with an aim to become more tech savvy in the online world, a series of marketing and advertising workshops will be held over the next three months in Emu Park, Yeppoon and Marlborough.
Livingstone Shire Council, in conjunction with the Australian Small Business Advisory Services is hosting Rockhampton-based marketing and advertising company LAD Social to deliver seven workshops specialising in social media.
Deputy Mayor and Council’s Digital Economy and Innovation Champion Councillor Nigel Hutton encouraged local businesses to learn more about enhancing their online presence.
“These workshops will teach businesses how to better utilise Facebook and other social media channels using a range of methods like marketing, advertising, Search Engine Optimising and business content creation,” Cr Hutton said.
“With the technological landscape constantly evolving, it’s important that regional areas also have access to education around developing their business to adjust to the changing market conditions.
“Council continues to strive towards providing services and opportunities of this kind to further enhance and support our region’s vital business community, which assists in strengthening our growing economy.”
The series of workshops will be held in Yeppoon at The Hub – Top Floor, 7-9 James Street, Yeppoon, the Emu Park Lions Shack – 1 Hill Street, Emu Park and the Marlborough Library, 15 Milman Street, Marlborough.
Tickets are $18.41, to book please visit https://asbas.rdabrisbane.org.au/upcoming-workshops/rockhampton-central-qld
• Monday 4 March 5pm – 7pm: Be seen advertising online
• Wednesday 17 April 7.30am – 9.30am: Marketing yourself online
• Thursday 16 May 10am – 12pm: Business content creation
Emu Park Workshops
• Tuesday 5 March 7.30am – 9.30am: Getting Found, Search Engine Optimising
• Thursday 18 April 5pm – 7pm: Social Media, Which Platform for your Business
• Thursday 11 April 9.30am – 11.30am: Facebook for your Business
• Thursday 11 April 12pm – 2pm: Business Content Creation