Livingstone Shire residents are invited to ‘Connect with Council’ this month and discuss the important issues, events and aspirations for their community.
Council’s Engagement and Events team are travelling Shire-wide for the entire month of March, with the first visit to be held at Memorial Park in Stanage Bay on Monday 13 March from 9am - 2pm.
Deputy Mayor Graham Scott said the ‘Connect with Council’ meetings are a great opportunity for the residents of Livingstone Shire to communicate with Council in an informal and relaxed environment.
“We understand that Livingstone Shire covers a large area and it’s not always easy for residents to have access to Council and vice versa,” he said.
“These visits are a prelude to the upcoming Community Meetings that will be held with Councillors and the Executive Management Team later this year.
Councillor for Community Development and Support, Jan Kelly said these meeting gives our hard-working Engagement and Events Team the opportunity to brief Councillors and the Executive Management Team on any new suggestions, ideas or issues, which we can then fully investigate and provide advice to the community.”
“We had a fantastic turnout last year and, with so many exciting projects planned or underway across the Shire, I am expecting the same again this year,” said Cr Kelly.
Connect with Council Meetings will begin on 13 March 2017 and continue until the end of the month.
• Stanage Bay – Monday 13 March | 9am-2pm | Memorial Park
• Cawarral – Wednesday 15 March | 10.30am –12.30pm | Community Hall
• Mt Chalmers – Wednesday 15 March |2pm – 4pm | School
• Byfield – Thursday 16 March | 8.30am – 1pm | Byfield Store
• The Caves – Thursday 16 March | 3pm – 5pm | Lions Park
• Ogmore – Friday 17 March | 10am - 1pm | Park
• Marlborough – Friday 17 March | 3pm – 5pm | Lions Park
• Yaamba – Monday 20 March | 9am – 12pm | Park
• Keppel Sands – Wednesday 22 March | 11am – 2pm |beach front
• GKI – Thursday 23 March | 10.30am – 3.30pm | grass near the hideaway